Police share major update on Nancy Guthrie kidnapping suspect

84-year-old Nancy Guthrie has been missing since Janaury 31. The police have not yet shared any information about a possible suspect. But on Monday, police released a statement addressing rumors about her family.

Nancy Guthrie, the mother of Today host Savannah Guthrie, was last seen on January 31 when she was dropped off at her home near Tucson, Arizona.

Several people have been detained in connection with the 84-year-old’s disappearance, but so far, Nancy has not been found.

The FBI has analyzed a glove found near Guthrie’s home, which appears to match the ones worn by a suspect seen in her home’s doorbell camera footage, CNN reported.

While the investigation is ongoing, police have looked into every possibility in connection with her abduction. One of those that has been investigated is Nancy Guthrie’s son-in-law, Tommaso Cioni, the husband of Today show host Savannah’s sister, Annie.

He was the last person to see Nancy alive on Janunary 31, and there have been questions about his involvement.

Police clears Nancy Guthrie’s family in kidnap case in new update

Pima County Sheriff Chris Nanos told the Daily Mail he “did not want Cioni to be wrongly scrutinized just because he was the last person to see Nancy before her disappearance.”

Further, just hours before, law enforcement sources told NBC News that police were “leaning away” from considering family members as suspects.

Now, authorities have released new information about the possible involvement of Guthrie’s family members regarding her abduction. Nancy’s family, including Tommaso has been cleared of any suspicion.

“The Guthrie family – to include all siblings and spouses – has been cleared as possible suspects in this case,” Pima County Sheriff Chris Nanos said Monday, per the NY Post.

“The family has been nothing but cooperative and gracious and are victims in this case,” he added. “To suggest otherwise is not only wrong, it is cruel. The Guthrie family are victims plain and simple.”

The FBI has increased the reward for information about Nancy Guthrie’s disappearance from $50,000 to $100,000.

Our thoughts and prayers go to the Guthtie family. We pray for her safe return.

Related Posts

The Secret Romance Mark Consuelos Kept Hidden for Decades — And the Quiet Confession That Set the Internet on Fire

No one expected anything unusual from the interview. Mark Consuelos appeared as he always does — composed, warm, and confident. But in an unguarded moment, he mentioned…

The search for 18-year-old twins Carolina and Luiza is over, they were dea… See more

The search for 18-year-old twins Carolina and Luiza has come to a heartbreaking end. Authorities confirmed that the sisters, who had been missing for several days, were…

After Marrying Blake Shelton, Gwen Stefani Makes Heartbreaking Announcement

Gwen Stefani, beloved singer and fashion icon, recently tied the knot with country star Blake Shelton in a private ceremony. Fans celebrated the union of two music…

This Photo Was Never Edited — And That’s the Part People Miss

At first glance, this looks like just another glamorous group shot from television’s golden era. Big hair, confident smiles, playful poses, and that unmistakable studio glow that…

From beaten and bruised to one of the brightest stars in the world

He used to sit quietly in the corner of the studio while his mother worked. There were no babysitters in his childhood. If Patsy was choreographing, he…

My Mom Wore the Same Ragged Coat for Thirty Winters – After Her Funeral, I Checked the Pockets and Fell to My Knees

My name is Jimmy. I’m thirty-six years old, and for most of my childhood, I was embarrassed by a coat. Charcoal gray wool. Thinning at the elbows….