Police share major update on Nancy Guthrie kidnapping suspect

84-year-old Nancy Guthrie has been missing since Janaury 31. The police have not yet shared any information about a possible suspect. But on Monday, police released a statement addressing rumors about her family.

Nancy Guthrie, the mother of Today host Savannah Guthrie, was last seen on January 31 when she was dropped off at her home near Tucson, Arizona.

Several people have been detained in connection with the 84-year-old’s disappearance, but so far, Nancy has not been found.

The FBI has analyzed a glove found near Guthrie’s home, which appears to match the ones worn by a suspect seen in her home’s doorbell camera footage, CNN reported.

While the investigation is ongoing, police have looked into every possibility in connection with her abduction. One of those that has been investigated is Nancy Guthrie’s son-in-law, Tommaso Cioni, the husband of Today show host Savannah’s sister, Annie.

He was the last person to see Nancy alive on Janunary 31, and there have been questions about his involvement.

Police clears Nancy Guthrie’s family in kidnap case in new update

Pima County Sheriff Chris Nanos told the Daily Mail he “did not want Cioni to be wrongly scrutinized just because he was the last person to see Nancy before her disappearance.”

Further, just hours before, law enforcement sources told NBC News that police were “leaning away” from considering family members as suspects.

Now, authorities have released new information about the possible involvement of Guthrie’s family members regarding her abduction. Nancy’s family, including Tommaso has been cleared of any suspicion.

“The Guthrie family – to include all siblings and spouses – has been cleared as possible suspects in this case,” Pima County Sheriff Chris Nanos said Monday, per the NY Post.

“The family has been nothing but cooperative and gracious and are victims in this case,” he added. “To suggest otherwise is not only wrong, it is cruel. The Guthrie family are victims plain and simple.”

The FBI has increased the reward for information about Nancy Guthrie’s disappearance from $50,000 to $100,000.

Our thoughts and prayers go to the Guthtie family. We pray for her safe return.

Related Posts

20 Minutes ago in California, Ashton Kutcher was confirmed as…See more

As the press conference wrapped, the initial shock gave way to a clearer picture of what Kutcher is building: not a fleeting celebrity cause, but an infrastructure…

My mom had been gone for only six months… when my father married her sister.

My brother’s hands were shaking. “I found emails,” he said. “Between Dad and Claire. They go back almost two years.” Two years. Mom had only been gone…

‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Star Eric Dane Dies at 53 After Courageous Battle With ALS

Fans around the world are mourning the loss of Eric Dane, the actor whose powerful performances and unforgettable screen presence made him one of television’s most admired…

Eric Dane’s harrowing words in final public appearance before his death

The television world is grieving the loss of Eric Dane, who passed away on Thursday, February 19, after battling ALS. He was 53. Best known for his unforgettable…

Vatican Responds to Reports of Donald Trump’s Peace Initiative Invitation

The Donald Trump administration has invited the Holy See to participate in a newly announced international peace initiative, placing the Vatican at the center of a major…

Attorney General Pam Bondi Arrests House Democrat – Now Facing 53 Years

More… 717 179239 You’ll Be 3x Harder…And She Will Notice More… 735 184245 Taken together, the criminal charges, ethics inquiries, and state-level disputes depict a convergence of…